FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Bring the Joy of the Great Outdoors to Your Home with Log Lap Siding
Do you crave the serenity of a simpler time? Do you want to stay connected to the great outdoors while enjoying the comfort and modern conveniences of home? Choose log lap siding in Colorado. Homeowners can now enjoy the look of a log home without the work of building a log home. Log lap siding looks identical to real wood logs and can be applied over any pre-existing structure or surface. Lap siding, by definition, has slats that overlap. Log lap siding, therefore, has log slats that overlap each other. This siding most commonly appears on cabins and mountain homes. However, many people across the country enjoy this aesthetic on their own suburban homes. Besides looking beautiful and authentic, log lap siding has many benefits.
Cost: Log lap siding is more cost-effective than using real logs, because it is mass produced. The material is easier to install than real logs, so your installation costs will also be lower.
Value: Adding log lap siding to your home will look beautiful and increase your curb appeal. Not only will it increase your home value, but it will also help with insulation and save on energy costs.
Real Materials: Because log lap siding is made from real wood, you will not have to worry about painting or staining the material, unless desired.
Eco Friendly: Because the entire log is not being used in the production of log lap siding, material waste is minimized. This eco-friendly product is perfect for any environmentally conscious homeowner.
Why choose Log Lap Siding?
- Log lap siding is incredibly easy to install. You can enjoy the look of a log cabin while only exerting half the effort you would with other types of siding.
- This siding offers you the aesthetic of a cabin coupled with the structural advantages of modern construction techniques.
- You can install log lap siding both horizontally and vertically, which offers you further personalization of your home’s exterior.
- No two trees are the same, so log lap siding is available in many grain patterns and textures. In a world of cookie-cutter homes, yours will be unique.
How do I extend the life of Log Lap Siding?
Just like any other type of siding, regular maintenance will extend the life of log lap siding in Colorado. The following methods will increase the lifespan of your siding:
- Perform regular inspections. Since mold is contagious, it can easily spread from log to log. Regular inspections can help you catch the problem early. It is a lot easier to replace one slat than an entire wall.
- Clean frequently to prevent rot and pests from ruining the wood.
- Stain and paint the logs to provide protection against the weather.